Inner Light Yoga is proud to announce its 200 hour Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training: Ascending the 8 Limbs to Personal Awareness, Strength and Peace.
Join Rita Stirparo to learn the philosophical and physical aspects of yoga. We will study teachings from select Vedic texts, gain an understanding of the 8 Limbs of Patajali, and learn how to interweave the principles of philosophy into asana classes. You will learn and become confident in, creating a balanced, well sequenced asana class that incorporates pranayama and meditation.
In this unique training, we will use the 8 Limbs of Patajali as a template for our studies.
Course content includes:
- Exploration of ancient yoga texts including the Sutra of Patajali and the Bhagavad Gita
- History of yoga from ancient civilization to the 21st century
- Mindfulness and its application on the mat and in daily life
- Introduction to Sanskrit and mantra pronunciation
- Functional Anatomy and movement with kinesiology expert, Susi Hately B.Sc., who shares her 23 years of therapeutic yoga instruction and knowledge of the muscular system
- Asana with alignment analysis, instruction, modifications, contraindications, adjustments and assists
- Introduction to Yin yoga and restorative yoga, with an understanding of the available props to use
- Introduction to Ayurveda, the science of life
- Relaxation techniques
- Pranayama and their potential contraindications
- Exploration of the teacher/student relationship (from Krishnamacharya’s time to present) and ethics of yoga
- How to structure a creative, balanced and safe vinyasa flow sequence
- The importance of word selection in cueing students
- Development of your teaching intention and style
- How to create a business teaching yoga
- Basic prenatal instruction for expecting mothers, taught by Ellyn Hutton, BSN,RNERYT, Certified in Holistic Nursing, Mind/Body Medicine, Kundalini and Pregnancy Yoga
During this course, you will be exposed to Rita’s knowledge and teaching style. She will provide you with her mindful based vinyasa style, helping you develop awareness of the body and assisting in calming the senses and mind.
By the end of this training you will possess awareness of the mind/body/spirit connection and gain the tools and confidence to share your wisdom and practice with others.
For more information and required reading list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule Dates Coming Soon
I was first introduced to yoga in 2001. I felt a calmness in my first class that was unfamiliar yet very soothing. I began a series of weekly classes and noticed how the chatter in my mind would decrease, even if only for the time I was practicing. My body became stronger and my mind, quieter. My desire to experience the depths of yoga led me to complete my 200 hour teacher training with the Himalayan Institute. I have since completed a YIN Yoga teacher training, Therapeutic Yoga intensive training, Yoga for Cancer Teacher Training and continue to attend various classes and workshops to expand my knowledge and understanding. I am dedicated to the study and practice of yoga and am honored to share my passion with others. My intention for each class is to create a warm and relaxing atmosphere to practice asana, pranayama and meditation, for I agree with the sages that, by focusing attention on the breath, the mind ceases its fluctuations. I encourage students to smile and enjoy each moment on this journey of exploration.